We love what we do. OCL has career opportunities for talented individuals who thrive in a challenging, yet highly rewarding, work environment.
Submit your cover letter and resume / CV to [email protected]
Please feel free to complete an Application for Employment as well:
Applications and Resumes/CVs can also be dropped at OCL reception or mailed to OCL:
Onondaga Community Living, Inc.
c/o Human Resources
518 James Street, Suite 110
Syracuse New York, 13203
Direct Support Professionals:
We are looking for professional and energetic individuals to join our team in the position of Direct Support Professional (DSP). This position is responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities to live independently and promote individual choices by assisting them with daily and weekly tasks such as maintaining their home, shopping, developing relationships and achieving personal goals based on their Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in working towards independence and the self-direction of their own lives.
• Encourage individuals to seek out community activities, events, opportunities, workshops etc. that may be of interest to them.
• Assist individuals with life building skills and achieving their goals based on their needs and their ISP plan.
• Encourage individuals to maintain an active lifestyle and make healthy choices.
• Transport and support individuals on outings in their community.
• Encourage and assist individuals in maintaining their homes, assist with meal planning, shopping, budgeting, etc.
• Assist individuals to develop socialization skills and encourage them to develop natural friendships and relationships within their community.
• Maintain open communication with the family and/or guardian of the person supported and keep them apprised of issues or concerns that may arise
• Ensure that the rights of the individual are recognized and being supported. Encourage them to speak up for themselves and communicate for them when they are unable to.
• Follow all OCL and regulatory guidelines and policies including completing daily and monthly notes.
• Attend agency meetings and trainings as required
This is a brief overview of the position and not inclusive of all job duties.
• Minimal High School or GED
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
Flexible schedules available
Excellent benefit package including 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and paid time off for full time staff.
Housemates are members of the community who enter into a life-sharing situation with a person with a disability. Housemates share a home with the person. They live as friends, companions, and as a natural support to the person. Housemates are not employees. Housemates are companions first but as a housemate, you may be responsible for being present overnight as well as some evening, weekend, and holidays. You will be a part of a team of staff, friends and family who cooperatively work together to enable the individual to have an enjoyable, well connected and pleasant life. As a housemate, there will be fixed expenses that you will be responsible for paying, including: a housemate deposit, your fair share of food & household expenses, half of the cable/internet bill and your own long distance charges (if applicable). As a perk, you will receive free rent & utilities.
Please call us if you are interested in becoming a housemate!