We love what we do. OCL has career opportunities for talented individuals who thrive in a challenging, yet highly rewarding, work environment.
Submit your cover letter and resume / CV to [email protected]
Please feel free to complete an Application for Employment as well:
Applications and Resumes/CVs can also be dropped at OCL reception or mailed to OCL:
Onondaga Community Living, Inc.
c/o Human Resources
518 James Street, Suite 110
Syracuse New York, 13203
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to join our team as a Support Broker. This position is responsible for maintaining relationships with the individuals and families the agency serves. The Support Broker will facilitate Circle of Support meetings/Budget Startups, create/maintain Habilitative plans, and ensuring compliance with all regulatory and agency policies and procedures. They would maintain client files, review and amend budgets as needed and monitor expenditure reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Complete all specialized training requirements for Brokerage and maintain annual training requirements.
• Assist individuals and their families with starting up their new Self-Directed Budget.
• Facilitate Circle of Support/Planning teams that promote social ties and connections in the community on a quarterly basis.
• Create/update comprehensive Person-Centered Plans.
• Maintain proper documentation and review files according to Medicaid and OPWDD regulations and agency policy and procedures.
• Monitor service start dates to ensure services are rendered in a timely manner.
• Complete invoices for all billable Brokerage services.
• Review Self-Direction budgets on a frequent basis to ensure it meets the needs of the individual and follow the Service and Habilitation plan associated with it.
• Works with the participant, their Care Manager, Fiscal Intermediary and OPWDD to make any changes in the plan as needed.
• Remain informed of all state regulations and ensure compliance of all future changes that would impact those supported by the agency.
• Ensure receipts for reimbursement and rendered services are processed in a timely manner
• Maintain communication with Self-directed clients, respond to inquiries timely and provide impromptu support as needed.
• Work with and communicate effectively with other agency employees.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent plus three years of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Experience and/or training in support brokerage and/or experience providing service coordination for persons with disabilities preferred.
• Knowledge of OPWDD and Medicaid regulations required.
• Experience in accounting desirable.
• Above average communication skills with the ability to work effectively with internal staff, community agencies, professional organizations, families and people supported a must.
• Experience with Word and Excel and ability to navigate through basic electronic health records required.
• Must possess good time management skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible work schedule when needed.
• NYS driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required.
• Must be able to pass OPWDD and Justice Center background screening.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k and paid time off.
Onondaga Community Living is a non-profit founded in 1987 and has been a pioneer in the self-directed model by providing personalized programming since 1990. Our mission is to empower and individually support people with disabilities to live full lives as integral respected members of their community. With a staff of approximately 130 (FT and PT), OCL provides Brokerage and Fiscal Intermediary as well as one-on-one individualized support within the home and community, Care Coordination Service, College Access and Employment Services to people with disabilities.
Quality Assurance Coordinator
This position will be responsible for design and implementation of strategies to measure customer experience, program growth, financial targets, and service efficiency and effectiveness in meeting appropriate and changing health and other quality metrics. The Quality Assurance Coordinator will engage agency leadership in quality improvement projects and serve as the agency Corporate Compliance and HIPAA Officer. This position answers directly to the Executive Director
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Public Administration, Public Health, research related, or have proven significant relative experience. Prior experience with EHR systems and data presentation is a must. Must be expert in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables. Proficiency with report writing and business intelligence is a plus. Must be able to research and keep current with program regulations. Candidate needs to be a self-starter, creative, and motivated to improve services in a way that benefits persons with developmental disabilities. Qualified candidates with prior human service experience; particularly OPWDD services are preferred.
Direct Support Professionals:
We are looking for professional and energetic individuals to join our team in the position of Direct Support Professional (DSP). This position is responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities to live independently and promote individual choices by assisting them with daily and weekly tasks such as maintaining their home, shopping, developing relationships and achieving personal goals based on their Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in working towards independence and the self-direction of their own lives.
• Encourage individuals to seek out community activities, events, opportunities, workshops etc. that may be of interest to them.
• Assist individuals with life building skills and achieving their goals based on their needs and their ISP plan.
• Encourage individuals to maintain an active lifestyle and make healthy choices.
• Transport and support individuals on outings in their community.
• Encourage and assist individuals in maintaining their homes, assist with meal planning, shopping, budgeting, etc.
• Assist individuals to develop socialization skills and encourage them to develop natural friendships and relationships within their community.
• Maintain open communication with the family and/or guardian of the person supported and keep them apprised of issues or concerns that may arise
• Ensure that the rights of the individual are recognized and being supported. Encourage them to speak up for themselves and communicate for them when they are unable to.
• Follow all OCL and regulatory guidelines and policies including completing daily and monthly notes.
• Attend agency meetings and trainings as required
This is a brief overview of the position and not inclusive of all job duties.
• Minimal High School or GED
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
Flexible schedules available
Excellent benefit package including 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and paid time off for full time staff.
Housemates are members of the community who enter into a life-sharing situation with a person with a disability. Housemates share a home with the person. They live as friends, companions, and as a natural support to the person. Housemates are not employees. Housemates are companions first but as a housemate, you may be responsible for being present overnight as well as some evening, weekend, and holidays. You will be a part of a team of staff, friends and family who cooperatively work together to enable the individual to have an enjoyable, well connected and pleasant life. As a housemate, there will be fixed expenses that you will be responsible for paying, including: a housemate deposit, your fair share of food & household expenses, half of the cable/internet bill and your own long distance charges (if applicable). As a perk, you will receive free rent & utilities.
Please call us if you are interested in becoming a housemate!