Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in working towards independence and the self-direction of their own lives.
• Encourage individuals to seek out community activities, events, opportunities, workshops etc. that may be of interest to them.
• Assist individuals with life-building skills and achieving their goals based on their needs and their ISP plan.
• Encourage individuals to maintain an active lifestyle and make healthy choices.
• Transport and support individuals on outings in their community.
• Encourage and assist individuals in maintaining their homes, assist with meal planning, shopping, budgeting, etc.
• Assist individuals to develop socialization skills and encourage them to develop natural friendships and relationships within their community.
• Maintain open communication with the family and/or guardian of the person supported and keep them apprised of issues or concerns that may arise
• Ensure that the rights of the individual are recognized and being supported. Encourage them to speak up for themselves and communicate for them when they are unable to.
• Follow all OCL and regulatory guidelines and policies including completing daily and monthly notes.
• Attend agency meetings and trainings as required
This is a brief overview of the position and not inclusive of all job duties.
• Minimal High School or GED
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
Flexible schedules available
Excellent benefit package including 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and paid time off for full-time staff.