We are looking for professional and energetic individuals to join our team in the position of Direct Support Professional (DSP). This position is responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities to live independently and promote individual choices by assisting them with daily and weekly tasks such as maintaining their home, shopping, developing relationships and achieving personal goals based on their Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in working towards independence and the self-direction of their own lives.
• Encourage individuals to seek out community activities, events, opportunities, workshops etc. that may be of interest to them.
• Assist individuals with life-building skills and achieving their goals based on their needs and their ISP plan.
• Encourage individuals to maintain an active lifestyle and make healthy choices.
• Transport and support individuals on outings in their community.
• Encourage and assist individuals in maintaining their homes, assist with meal planning, shopping, budgeting, etc.
• Assist individuals to develop socialization skills and encourage them to develop natural friendships and relationships within their community.
• Maintain open communication with the family and/or guardian of the person supported and keep them apprised of issues or concerns that may arise
• Ensure that the rights of the individual are recognized and being supported. Encourage them to speak up for themselves and communicate for them when they are unable to.
• Follow all OCL and regulatory guidelines and policies including completing daily and monthly notes.
• Attend agency meetings and trainings as required
This is a brief overview of the position and not inclusive of all job duties.
• Minimal High School or GED
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
Flexible schedules available
Excellent benefit package including 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and paid time off for full-time staff.